Monday, April 11, 2011

Your Love is Like a Roller Coaster

I am a hormonal mess. Surges of sadness, happiness, rejection, acceptance, love and otherwise wave over me and overwhelm me.

My boyfriend and I have fought like crazy for about two weeks now. I feel so easily hurt by him these days, and I cannot figure out if the normal strains in our relationship and our lives are causing this, or if it's excacerbated by the changes of hormones in my body.

I've read in some other abortion blogs about experiencing wild swings of emotion following the procedure and your body's hormonal readjustment. Because I was entering my second trimester, my body was pumped full of more pregnancy hormones, so it may take me a bit longer to adjust...

Then there's the hormonal change of birth control. I have read a few experiences of women who feel emotionally unstable on the Depo shot.

At this point, I'm not sure which it is, but I'm wondering if anyone out there reading this has experienced mood swings following their procedure and/or a Depo-Provera shot???

2 comments:

  1. Mood swings like crazy after the procedure, and terrible PMS mood swings now that I'm on the Nuva Ring.
    Although, I NEED to point out I was always somewhat moody and have always had an anxiety/self-esteem/anger issue that was never properly addressed until after my procedure.
    I also want to mention that the pregnancy and birth control completely threw my body into normal routines. Where I used to skip my period now and then with no warning, or when it would arrive at crazy times, I can pinpoint the day, almost the time lol.
    This means my mood swings are placed into the calender lol.

    Good luck. Consider seeing a counselor, even if it is just once. Having someone tell you they see WAY crazier people on a daily basis helps the crazy calm.

    Plus, if you get lucky you get an awesome counselor like I had who told me all these uber awesome things about myself that shot up my self esteem lol.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it turns out, I believe I have been PMSing. Surprise! Something that I haven't experienced in SO long. I never PMSed on the pill! I had reached that slightly-dulled version of emotional state that monophasic oral birth control sometimes brings. Ha!

    It's funny. I was chatting with my therapist about the hormonal ups and downs last week. But her understanding about the medical end of things only goes so far when it comes to birth control, etc., and I realized I wished I could sit down in a room with BOTH my therapist AND my lovely lady OB/GYNE and hash it all out together. Ha!!

    AND thanks for the heads up on the NuvaRing. A friend experiences the same thing with more intense PMS, but she loves the ring and sticks with it. I'm hoping that like you said, I'm maybe dealing with post-procedure emotions that will become less raw/unstable. Fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Negative comments will be deleted.