Saturday, March 26, 2011

Complication Update 2

I'm still at the ER and currently have 4 small pills shoved in my cheeks. An ultrasound determined I either have placenta left in my uterus or my uterus has not been interested in evacuating all my blood and uterine lining. I'll take another possible dose of this cytotec tomorrow. If all goes well, I'll pass whatever is left. If something remains in my uterus, I will require a D&C.

...an hour after typing that, at 2:40 AM, I am home. Going to take a hot shower for cramps and to very necessarily clean myself. (I had the doctors oohing and aahing over the amount of blood I was discharging.) Boyfriend is picking up some essentials down the street and then we will collapse in bed.

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog by way of OmMama's blog.
    I want to say,you are a beautiful, strong, wonderful person. Thank you.
    I hope you don't need the D&C. Any surgery sucks, regardless of what it's for.
    You are honest. I love it.
    Please continue to post for us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I found your blog through OmMama too. :) I love your voice--so great to read through your entries.

    I'm feeling better today. I think that the worst must have passed last night, and I'm hoping that this means I get to avoid a second surgery. Thanks again--the well wishes mean a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Negative comments will be deleted.