Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's been a busy weekend. I don't feel completely prepared for tomorrow, but I'm not sure one can really feel prepared for something like this.

I decided to tell my parents. There's been a huge wall between us, and it's been very painful to keep this from them. If they didn't live with me, I might not have shared. I'm so glad I did. They were nothing but supportive. My mom made me soup and food that the boyfriend and I can keep on hand. So helpful.

I also told my exboyfriend, who remains a very close friend. He's in tune with me enough to have picked up over online chat that something is seriously up with me. He's expressed concern several times, and I alluded to a surgery but was vague. Today he called, asking me if we could talk about what was going on, so I shared. He was shocked but supportive. His lady friend just started a three month cycle on oral contraceptives, so my news hit home for him too. (Not that I think that's why I got pregnant. I'm pretty sure it was just unluck of the draw.)

Heading in for part one of the procedure tomorrow. I'm nervous, but I will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will be deleted.