Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 1 Update

I'm typing on my iPhone so this will be short.

I'm currently curled up in a recliner with a heating pad on full blast on my back. It. Feels. Awesome.

The first part of the procedure was not nearly as bad or scary or painful as I expected. All in all, it was uncomfortable but not excruciating. Probably the worst part of it was the initial finding-the-uterus-by-hand feel-out that the resident did. The pressure in that was really as bad as anything else in the procedure. I didn't feel the needle on my cervix for the local anesthesia, and I didn't feel anything besides some pressure and slight cramping during the laminaria insertion.

The boyfriend and I stopped for breakfast on the way home. Cramping is there for sure, but nothing worse than a bad period day. It didn't prevent me from enjoying eggs with toast, grits and orange juice. Mmmm. Orange juice...

I've had some Motrin, and in an hour will take some more intense narcotic painkillers. I also may take a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will be deleted.