Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pregnant

A week ago I wasn’t pregnant. A week ago I woke up at my boyfriend’s place, got dressed, put on my make-up, went to work, and then met up with friends for dinner, a beer and trivia. A week ago I went to bed and wondered why my period had not yet come. But it was not until that night's restless sleep-frought with pregnancy nightmares and interrupted by a sudden and frequent need to pee-that I was very worried.

This week I am pregnant. This week I am, according to my initial ultrasound, 13 weeks pregnant.

This pregnancy was not planned and, statistically speaking, should not have happened.

This blog is meant to follow my experience as I make the most difficult choice I have ever faced. I have Googled "abortion blogs" and "unplanned pregnancy blogs," and I found a few that inspired me to add my story to their chronicles. These blogs have helped me feel that despite how scared, confused and upset I am, I am not alone.

I am writing my experience in hopes that it adds one more voice to the chorus of women who have bravely shared their stories. I am writing my experience in hopes that it helps someone like me down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will be deleted.